FALL 2021 VIRTUAL MEETING
November 15 – 18, 2021
The on-line meeting registration system has been enabled. November 3 will be the final day to register for the meeting at the lower registration fee,. After November 3 and no later than November 12, the higher registration fee will apply. Registrations cannot be accepted after November 12 and refunds will not be issued.
REGISTRATION LINK 8Oct2021
SUMMARY OF REGISTRATION FEES 8Oct2021
MEETING INFORMATION / RESOURCES
FALL 2021 MEETING HAS BEEN CHANGED TO A VIRTUAL MEETING – Message from our Chair
Due to the recent changing COVID-19 situation, the decision was made to change from the planned in-person meeting format back to a virtual meeting format.
The meeting schedule will be kept as close to “normal” as possible, utilizing Webex “meeting rooms” for the task force and working group meetings, as well as, the general sessions and tutorials. All meeting times will be set in the central time zone to take place between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. We will be using a new registration process, and a registration fee will be charged to cover meeting registration and facilitation charges among other costs.
The upcoming Fall Transformer Committee meeting will use the same format as the meeting last spring.
- The meeting will be held on Webex and anyone who has registered for the Fall meeting can attend. Those registered will have access to a website, which will be the central platform for the virtual meeting, and can login to any activity from there at the appropriate time.
- A company called Encore will manage the virtual meeting. This includes having a dedicated Encore technical expert for each meeting to handle any issues and to support meeting and attendee needs. They will initiate the meeting, handle attendance and perform voting.
- Meeting leaders (Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary) will just need to show up (early!) for the meeting – and will not be required to handle the normal host actions of a conference call.
- Meeting leaders will be able to share their screen during the meeting to show presentations, draft guides, etc. Leaders will also be able to have Encore do the presenting (Encore will need the presentation 1 week before the meeting).
- It is recommended that the meeting leader has their video camera turned on for the meeting. This can just be the webcam on your computer. Encore will assist as needed for this. A video of the meeting leader during the meeting will be a better experience for the participants.
- Meeting leaders should have a slide with the members of your activity for doing a roll call. Meeting polls will be done for determining quorum. As always, the secretary will do the official attendance later from the list of the meeting participants generated from the meeting system.
- Simple votes with expected unanimous approval, like approval of minutes or agenda, can be dispensed with by simply stating “hearing no requests for changes the minutes/agenda are approved as written.” This can expedite a few of the administrative steps to allow the meetings to move along quickly without the need for motions and seconds.
- Known motions for the body of the meeting should be prepared in advance.
- If an official vote is needed, an app in the platform will be used to administer the vote. Members can vote with the app and Encore will log the votes and send the meeting leader the results in real time and as a meeting record.
- Encore will take attendance by logging all the participants that joined the meeting. Meeting leaders will be sent this file for taking attendance.
- Please be prepared and organized for the meeting and have any presenters well planned with a copy of any presentations provided to Encore ahead of the meeting.
SCHEDULES & AGENDAS
GENERAL SESSIONS AGENDA 10Oct2021
MEETING SCHEDULE R1 14Oct2021
Copyright Presentation from 5Oct2020: PDF
Newcomers Orientation: PDF / Video .
Awards Presentation: Video, PDF .
Presentation 1: HVDC Part 2, HVDC System Aspects (LCC and VSC) (Part 1 was presented at the Spring 2021 Meeting)
Presented by: Les Recksiedler, Klaus Pointner, Pierre Riffon and Ulf Radbrandt
Abstract, PDF, Video .
Presentation 2: TBD