FALL 2020 VIRTUAL MEETING
October 19 – 22, 2020
Online registration has been enabled. October 7 will be the final day to register for the meeting at the lower registration fee to securely facilitate the upload of registration information to our online meeting portal and provide access to registrants a week prior to the meeting. After October 7 and no later than October 16, the higher registration fee will apply. Registrations cannot be accepted after October 16, and refunds will not be issued.
SUMMARY OF REGISTRATION FEES 10Sep2020
Due to continued concerns around travel and group gatherings during this pandemic as evidenced by current conditions and responses to a recent survey from our Chair regarding attendance plans and concerns for the fall meeting, the decision was made to convert our fall meeting to a virtual meeting.
A task force worked diligently to facilitate having this virtual meeting on the same dates as the originally scheduled, in-person, Kansas City meeting: October 19-22. We have kept the schedule as close to “normal” as possible, utilizing Webex “meeting rooms” for the task force and working group meetings, as well as, the general sessions and tutorials. All meeting times will be set in the central time zone to take place between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. We will use the normal AMS registration process, and a registration fee will be charged to cover meeting facilitation charges among other costs.
Our upcoming Fall Transformer Committee meeting will be quite different than our normal face to face meetings and we want to let you know a little bit of what to expect for your meetings:
- Your meeting will be held on Webex and anyone who has registered for the Fall meeting can attend. They will have access to a website which will be the central platform for the virtual meeting and they can login to any activity from there at the appropriate time.
- We have hired a company called PSAV to manage the virtual meeting for us. This includes having a dedicated PSAV technical expert for each meeting to handle any issues and to support you. They will initiate the meeting, handle attendance and perform voting.
- You as the leader just need to show up (early!) for the meeting – you are not required to handle the normal host actions of a conference call (as I am sure you have all done during the past months).
- There will be training sessions the week before the Fall meeting that you will get invited to. We will review with PSAV how the meetings will run and you can ask questions there.
- You can share your screen during the meeting to show your presentation/draft guide etc or have PSAV do the presenting for you (but PSAV will need the presentation 1 week before the meeting)
- We recommend that the chairman has a camera for the meeting. This can just be the webcam on your computer. PSAV will help you on this. A video of the chairman during the meeting will be a better experience for the participants.
- You should have a slide with the members of your activity for when you do roll call. We suggest you ask the members to use the raise their hand button to acknowledge they are there. This will be a quick way to establish quorum. As always, the secretary will do the official attendance later with the list of the participants.
- Simple votes with expected unanimous approval, like approval of minutes or agenda, can be dispensed with by simply stating “hearing no requests for changes the minutes/agenda are approved as written.” This can expedite a few of the administrative steps to allow the meetings to move along quickly without the need for motions and seconds.
- Known motions for the body of the meeting should be prepared in advance.
- If an official vote is needed, then we will use an app in the platform to administer the vote. Members can vote with the app and PSAV will log the votes and send you the results. You will instantly get the for and against vote. You will hear more about this in the training.
- PSAV will take attendance by logging all the participants that joined the meeting. You will be sent this file so you can take attendance in AMS.
- Please be organized for your meeting as always and it is recommended to have any presenters well planned. You should have a copy of their presentation ahead of the meeting.
SCHEDULES & AGENDAS
GENERAL SESSIONS AGENDA Rev 18Sep2020
MEETING SCHEDULE Rev 4 16Oct2020
Presentation 1: “Tutorial on IEEE C57.104-2019 “Guide for the Interpretation of Gases Generated in Mineral Oil-Immersed Transformers”
Presented by: Claude Beauchemin, Luiz Cheim, Norman Field and Tom Prevost
Abstract, Presentation PDF, Video 64MB (with voiceover)
Presentation 2: “Sound Level Specifications of Power Transformers for Compliance, Cost Effectiveness and Clarity”
Presented by: Ramsis Girgis and Chris Howell
Abstract, Presentation PDF Part 1, PDF Part 2, Video 60MB (with voiceover)