IEEE Standards Board Meeting Schedule and deadlines for NESCOM and REVCOM submissions (2020 IEEE-SA calendar):
|MEETING DATES||SUBMITTAL DEADLINES|
|December 1-3, 2020 SASB||October 13, 2020|
|January 26, 2021 SASB||December 11 2020|
|March 23-25, 2021 SASB||February 12, 2021|
|April 28, 2021 NESCOM/REVCOM||March 18, 2021|
|June 15, 2021 SASB||May 6, 2021|
|September 21-23, 2021 SASB||August 13, 2021|
|October 22, 2021 NESCOM/REVCOM||September 10, 2021|
|December 6-8, 2021 SASB||October 18, 2021*|
* The year end deadline for standards/Guides is the December meeting submittal date. Standards or PARs that are due to expire at the end of the year must have approval before the December Meeting Submittal deadline or an extension request must be filed.
IEEE STANDARDS TECH. COMMUNITY PROGRAM MGR:
Phone: +1 732 562 3838
- My Project User Guide, myProject Key Changes 31Jan2020
- Definitions – Standards Committee/Board – See “Other Information” on the Tutorials/Forms/Info page
- Transformer Standards Collection (Compact Disc format) Purchase the “fruits of our labor” from IEEE-SA!
- IEEE Standards Dictionary:
Access the dictionary at http://dictionary.ieee.org or through the myProject login page.
Once logged in, select the eTools button from the top right corner and then select the Standards Dictionary from the Select Tool dropdown. Users must have or create a free IEEE Account.
FORMS / TEMPLATES
- Sample format for ballot recirculation letter:
WORD Version 26Oct2004
PDF Version 26Oct2004
- Standards Development Process
- Development Resources (Manuals, Templates, Videos)
- IEEE Style Guide and Word Template (zip file), 2020 Style Manual, Summary of Style Manual Revisions
- Ballot Resolution Tool (Microsoft Access) TR Committee password required for access, 14Mar2012
Ballot Resolution Tool Presentation – Gary Hoffman TR Committee password required for access, 14Mar2012
LINKS TO IEEE SA MYPROJECT (PDF printer friendly version)
- To Show /Join Ballot Invitations …
NOTE: Ballot pool invitations are normally open for 30 days. Potential balloters must respond to an Invitation, and join the pool to ballot on a standard.
- Balloting a standard …
NOTE: This link shows all the open Ballots for which YOU have joined the ballot pool. Ballots are usually open for 30 days. Recirculation Ballots are usually only open for 10 days.
- To initiate a Ballot Invitation…
NOTE: PAR for a new standard first requires Transformer Admin SC approval; and the Standards Coordinator must set up the Project and appoint the WG Chair in MyProject, before the PAR is initiated. A PAR for Revision of a Standard does not require this approval….but the WG Chair must be the “chair” in MyProject.
- To initiate a PAR (or modify an existing PAR, extend an approved PAR)
- To “start” a Ballot…
- To “start” a Ballot Recirculation…
- To submit your Standard to REVCOM …
The RevCom process is not entirely automated yet. The above link is to the REVCOM Submittal Form. It may be easier to open this page, print a blank form, then close it. Then gather the needed information, fill out the form by hand, then relaunch the page, and fill out the form, on-line. Hint: Click on “create” to start a new form.
- Instructions for IEEE Transformers Committee Coordination of Standards with the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) [Harmonization of IEEE Standards with IEC] 7Mar2012
- Instructions for New PAR 29Oct2011
- Instructions for PAR Comments to NESCOM 29Oct2011
- IEEE SA WebEx Account Request – follow this link to request an account for your WG (one per WG)